Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mossy Cave: A New Hide-Out for the Marauders

A New Hide-Out For The Marauders
    Mossy Cave Photo

The Marauders have found a wonderful moss-covered cave to use as a new hideout. It has a waterfall and fresh stream inside for drinking water and a labyrinth of branches to explore or hide in. They can easily access it by crossing a dead tree that has fallen across a creek and then climbing a narrow, winding, natural path that leads to the entrance. They have cast several clever charms upon it to keep intruders out: a charm that makes brush and weeds seem like briars and thistle; a charm that emits scary growls and ghostly moans as anyone approaches the area; a charm that obscures the entrance, making it look like solid rock; a fake entrance to a shallow cave down the path; and a charmed path that makes intruders unsure of their footing and crumbles under their feet, producing a miniature landslide, if they get too near the cave.

My Animagus

My own animagus would be a raven or hawk. I could soar above to see the landscape for miles around, find new places to explore, see intruders, and warn the others. I could swoop down close and perch on the back of Moony, Padfoot, or Prongs when I wanted to rest or communicate. I could nip Wormtail just for the heck of it.

I think of the red fox would also be a good animagus for a marauder: handsome, intelligent, quick-witted, and brilliant at eluding pursuers.

My original composition, written for Azkaban Escapees, a Facebook group. Photo swiped from Google images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment